Make new friends on this Journey that includes hosting with clubs in two different cities in Indonesia. Start out in the city of Yogyakarta, a hub of education and culture, where you will admire the artistic and architectural wonders, from a ballet performance to age-old temples. Then it is on to your second home-hosted week in Denpasar where you will test your rhythm in a Balinese dance lesson, browse a local market, and view some of the city's most stunning sites.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Yogyakarta and Denpasar.
Live With a Local
- Experience the rich and diverse culture of Yogyakarta, and Indonesia as a whole, that will change the way the ambassadors see this country.
- Enjoy singing with your hosts and fellow ambassadors at welcome and farewell parties.
- Learn about Batik, a cloth dyeing technique that is very prevalent in Indonesia.
- Yogyakarta is also known for its appreciation of the arts, and it celebrates many forms of artistry, including ballet, drama, music, poetry, and puppet shows.
- Participate in a social program at Bosskid Learning Community.
- Take a Balinese dancing class.
- Visit Borobudur Temple.
- See a Ramayana Ballet performance.
- Visit Sultan Palace.
- See Ubud Royal Palace.
- Attend a Kecak dance performance.
- Embark on a city tour of Denpasar.
- Take some time to admire Kuta Beach.
The program in Denpasar was a mix of a commercial tour guide to places in Bali and Denpasar Friendship Force segments - all good. You will find the hosts easy to blend with as they teach and show Balinese traditional arts... We had a rich experience. - 2017 Ambassador
Yogyakarta, Java and Denpasar, Bali - Indonesia
12 Days / 11 Nights Program and Itinerary:
July 19, 2018 – July 31, 2018
Coordinator: Kathy Keller, FF Las Vegas
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Arrival & welcome with the host families.
Visiting Borobudur Temple.
Watch the Ramayana Ballet in an open theatre at Prambanan.
Social program at Bosskid Learning Community.
Visiting Sultan Palace.
Depart from Yogyakarta.
Arrive in Denpasar and attend a welcome lunch/dinner.
Sightseeing; visiting Ubud Royal Palace and Traditional Market & attend a Kecak dance performance.
Balinese dancing class and city tour.
City tour, including visits to museums, temples, and Kuta Beach.
$850 USDPrice Includes: FFI fees and host fees in Yogyakarta, transportation during outbound program in Yogyakarta, ticket visiting Borobudur, watching the Ramayana Ballet performance, and meals. There may be additional costs in Denpasar depending on the activities chosen by ambassadors.
Know before you go
- The weather is hot and humid, so please plan your wardrobe accordingly.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.