Join ambassadors from FF Guzelbache, Turkey on this Journey to beautiful Cottbus, Germany! You will have the opportunity to meet local students, learn about the economy with visits to a working mine and a dairy farm/agricultural co-op, and enjoy the beauty of the area on a couple fabulous scenic boat rides.
Provided by the Friendship Force club of FF Cottbus.
Live With a Local
- Living with families and experience a mix of normal everyday life with the joys and worries of the people combined with sights of the area.
- Get to know the area of Südbrandenburg (Lausitz) from an energy perspective (mining) and as a nature reserve (Spreewald).
- Attend a reception with the mayor of Cottbus City, as well as a welcome and farewell party.
- Meet people with mental and/or physical disability in a local centre.
- Meet with children in a local school/kindergarten.
- Visit a milk and agricultural cooperative.
- Visit a working mine and experience a re-cultivated recreation area.
- Tour the Spreewald Biosphere Reserve.
- Go on an optional visit to the City of Dresden.
- There is an option for a flight in a small plane over Cottbus and the surrounding areas.
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
June 18, 2017 – June 25, 2017
Coordinator: Cüneyt Sarac, FF Guzelbahce
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
June 18 - Postdam
Enjoy the day in and around Potsdam.
There will be a boat trip, including typical regional food in the evening as part of your welcome party.
June 19 - Postdam
Take a trip to a working mine, lunch included.
June 20 - Spreewald
Enjoy a boating excursion on small boats and attend a cooking demonstration with Spreewald’s Chef Franke.
June 21 - Cottbus
Enjoy a city walk with a climb to the top of a tower for panoramic views.
Attend a reception with the mayor of Cottbus.
Meeting with the handicapped people of a local centre.
June 22 - Finsterwalde
Meeting with children in a school and/or in a Kindergarten.
Visit a milk and agricultural co-op.
June 23 - Cottbus
Day with the families
There is an optional possibility to fly over Cottbus (Additional fee of €1.10 /min; ca. 30 min).
June 24 - Cottbus
June 25 - Cottbus
Ambassadors say “Auf Wiedersehen” to hosts and depart for home.
$310 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, including seven-night homestay, sightseeing tour in Cottbus, arrival party with typical regional food, farewell party, visit of a working mine, boat trip in the Spreewald and cooking with famous Spreewald chef, and some lunches.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- Bring all-weather clothes.
- Before the actual homestay week starts, the group is meeting in Berlin for two days on June 16 to 18, 2017. Some of the Cottbus members will be present in Berlin, too. We will be staying in a hotel, enjoy a tour of the city, and a boat ride on the River Spree. Although optional, this two-day pre-Journey extension is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.