Celebrate the lively culture and traditions of Brazil on this Journey with two host clubs, Belem and Recife, and a shared understanding that A World of Friends is a World of Peace!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Belem and Recife.
Live With a LocalBelem:
- Traveling is always good, but traveling with friends is much better. The philosophy of our club is that "A World Of Friends Is A World Of Peace."
- Visitors love to explore the tropical flora and fauna by trips into the rural area and the rivers and bays around the city.
- Sample exotic and unique foods and fruit.
- Enjoy traditional regional music - forro at the welcome party and seresta at the farewell party.
- Oficina Brennand.
- Orquestra Criança Cidadã, a social inclusion project.
- Ver-O-Peso Market Teatro da Paz, Basílica de Nazaré, and Polo Joalheiro.
- Portal da Amazonia and Mangal das Garças.
- Museum Goeldi.
- Icoraci Village, famous for ceramic production.
- Optional additional cost activities: Mosqueiro Island, Combu Island via a boat trip on Rio Guamá, Marajó Island, and the Alter do Chão in Santarém City.
- Tour in Olinda.
- Dona Lindu Park, Boa Viagem Shore, Cachaçaria Carvalheira, Sertão Museum, Paço do Frevo.
- State Museum and Institute Brennand.
- Officina Brennand, Recife City Museum, followed by a farewell party at The British Country Club.
- Optional additional cost activities: Catamaran Tour.
The members were more than generous to us. [One] highlight was a visit to a member's banana farm. Also, the time on the water on boats here was great for us. We were treated to wonderful dinners at other members homes here. Everyday was a surprise and a treat. - Previous Ambassador from the United States
Belem & Recife, Brazil
14 Days / 13 Nights Program and Itinerary:
November 3, 2017 – November 16, 2017
Coordinator: Kerstin Hogan
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Day 1 - Belem
Tour around the city.
Day 2 - Belem
Ver-O-Peso Market – the biggest open fair in Latin America (fish, meat, regional fruit and local gastronomy).
Day 3 - Belem
Spend time in the Feliz Luzitana Complex with its churches, art museums, and more.
Day 4 - Belem
Visit to the Teatro da Paz, Basílica de Nazaré, and Polo Joalheiro.
Day 5 - Belem
Visit to the Embrapa and botanical and herbarium laboratory.
Day 6 - Belem
Visit to the Portal da Amazonia and Mangal das Garças.
Day 7 - Belem?
Visit to the Museum Goeldi.
Day 8 - Belem and Recife
Visit the Icoraci Village – 20 km away from Belem – famous for ceramic production, inspired by the Indian culture of the region.
Depart Belem and head to Recife.
Welcome “Forró Night” with typical food and forró music.
Day 9 - Recife
Day 10 - Recife
Tour in Olinda, lunch at Restaurant Skillus (meals and drinks at your own expense), followed by a tour of downtown Recife.
Day 11 - Recife
Dona Lindu Park, tour by Boa Viagem Shore, Cachaçaria Carvalheira, lunch at Boteco, Marco Zero (meals and drinks at your own expense), Sertão Museum visit, Paço do Frevo.
Day 12 - Recife
State Museum, lunch at Parraxaxa Restaurant (meals and drinks at your own expense), and visit to Institute Brennand.
Day 13 - Recife
Itamaracá Island visit and tour by Catamarã ($45.00 extra fee).
Day 14 - Recife
Officina Brennand visit, lunch at Papa Capim Restaurant, Recife City Museum, followed by Catamaran Tour (additional $35.00). Farewell party at The British Country Club with seresta music and dinner (alcoholic drinks at additional cost).
$680 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, (seven-night homestay with FF Belem, seven-night homestay with FF Recife, including transport and admissions).
Know before you go
- The weather in November is usually dry and hot.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.